I practically live on coffee. These are my notes about making and enjoying good coffee in the Philippines.
Third Wave Coffee Places in Metro Manila
- EDSA Beverage Design Studio – I haven’t been here but I hear it’s pretty good. They’re at 209 EDSA CLMC Bldg. besides Dad’s.
- Toby’s Estate – There’s one in Ruby Rd., Ortigas at Cyberscape Beta but I will post them here if I find more.
- Epic Coffee Roastery – This one is in Kapitolyo, Pasig.
- Craft Coffee Revolution – The Podium and QC
- Yardstick Coffee – Makati and The Fort, BGC
I use a Hario Mini-Mill which I bought from Ebay. I do not know any local shops that sell it. When I find them I will list them here. I used to use a phin but nowadays I just use a press. I bought my press at around 200php from Robinson’s Galleria’s department store.
Where to Buy Equipment
Here’s a list of local stores in Manila that sell coffee equipment like pour over dripper, Chemex, filters, grinders, etc.
- Shi Lin
- Toby’s Estate